Thursday, May 17, 2007

To Enter or Not to Enter

So, what are the rules for entering a juried show with a painting that I did more than 7 years ago? One that I did back in college, the ONE that I can't bare to sell because it has so much meaning and myself in it . . . more than any other painting that I have done.
Well, I've decided to enter it into the Lancaster Museum of Art's "Open Art Award" show, and can only hope and pray that it makes enough of an impact on the judges like it has on me for the past 7 years. . . enough to make it worth it for me to keep showing it after all these years.
Prints are available through my etsy shop.

7 comments:

Betty Refour said...

Very Pretty, good luck.

Sandra Williams said...

What a beautifu piece. Best of luck with the show! And your blog looks great!

Sandy

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

This is so powerful! Absolutely wonderful painting! My positive thoughts for your showing ... coming your way!!! Love, Debi

R Lyndel Littleton said...

welcome to blogging. yes. you should enter your piece in the show. it is great. and welcome to VAST.

Anonymous said...

I remember this one well, Ann! I know this one is very personal, and I am happy that you are open to entering it in the show. It is a wonderful piece with so much emotion.

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

very expressive....powerful! I can see why you are so connected to it...

I have trouble parting with my work too...big time separation anxiety...over a silly clip...I posted in my blog about it...i had to ship a sale and had trouble putting it in the envelope. We put ourselves into all our work! Thanks for sharing your image!

KC said...

Who do you belong to? What is yours to keep? How do you save youself?

These are a few of the thoughts swimming inside my head as I attempt to interpret what I see.

Yours is a gift in lines and color. A bold display.

I hope it does well...