Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back in the "Art Studio" (living room)

I have another painting project that has kept me busy this week. Our church is holding it's second Good Friday arts event called Scarlet Steps in a couple weeks and I'm working on a piece based on the following scripture passages:

Is 53:12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.

Matt 27:50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

I've been excited to start working on this painting ever since I came up with a visual of what I wanted it to look like. I was so inspired during worship service one morning that I could fully picture it in my head of what I wanted it to look like. Well, I should have known it never works out that easily, so I've been struggling to return to the painting ever since I stopped working on it a couple nights ago to get some much needed sleep. And here I am with 4 days to go until it's due. I've been praying for all the other artists producing work for this event that God will speak to them through the preparation and production of their pieces and they'll be encouraged and strengthened during this time. But I guess I need to start doing that for myself since it's becoming quite a challenge to even want to look at the piece. I'm so unhappy with where it's at, but I know that God has used my paintings before when I was at this point with the others, so I'll just keep pressing on!

To see the finished product, as well as all the other art pieces being done by 18 artists from the community, get your tickets here online for either Thursday, April 9th or Friday, April 10th.



No comments: