Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scarlet Steps

"Scarlet Steps: Sacred Hands"
NewSong Fellowship Church | 609 Prospect St | 17603

I'm very excited about Scarlet Steps this year. I've been dying to step out of my comfort zone and try a different form of art, but always back out at the last minute. Well, I finally did what I've been wanting to try for the last couple of years: fiber art. I've had a huge stash of fabric in my closet for over 3 years and finally broke it out to create the below piece. I'll be the first to admit I have a lot to work on since I'm not completely satisfied with the way the stitching turned out, but because I had a tight deadline, it is what it is.

Below is some information about Scarlet Steps if you live in Lancaster and would like to check the event out:


Scarlet Steps is a free, art-driven experience combining artwork by local artists, music, multimedia, and Scripture to illuminate the message of Christ in a fresh, new way. It will be held at NewSong Fellowship Church, on Thursday and Friday, April 1st and 2nd with tickets available from 5-9pm. This 3rd annual event will walk you through artist renderings of the life and death of Jesus Christ while giving you a new appreciation of both artistic expression, and Christ's life-changing sacrifice, specifically focusing on how our hands and His can come together. Scarlet Steps will inspire you to think beyond the traditional Good Friday message to explore the Passion of the Christ in a bold new way you'll never forget.

No comments: