Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another Baby Painting

A good friend of mine from San Diego, and her husband, commissioned me to do a painting for their new baby a few months ago. I knew I was going to be flying into San Diego at the end of August, so I was hoping to finish it by that time and take it on the plane with me to avoid shipping charges AND to see the couples faces when I presented the painting. Well, there's nothing like waiting till last minute, and I've found that I'm actually pretty good at it, so it wasn't a surprise that the morning of my flight I was still putting on the finishing touches. The worst part of doing that is never getting to actually enjoy the painting, so my husband and I were both pretty sad to see it go, but to see their reaction was well worth giving it up.

The painting is based on the song "The Sweetest Gift" and you can listen to it here. What a great song.

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I LOVE this! It's perfect!

Bonnie said...

WOW, it is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks again, Anny! We love it. We know that Aria will treasure it as she grows up with it!

Ann Kimmich said...

Thanks Sherry and Bonnie!