Sunday, October 26, 2008

Art Journal


As I meet with other LIA (Lancaster Indie Arts) members each month, with the intention to share what we've been doing in our Round Robin Journals based on specific colors, it's been a really good challenge for me to step outside of my comfort zone and use colors I don't normally choose to use. This month has been especially tough since I have the "Red and Black" journal. I have despised this color combination for as long as I can remember. I don't know why, but every time I think of those two colors together, I think of my old elementary comforter I used to have on my bed that screamed 80's all over it. Now, I am an absolute huge 80's fan, but for some reason that combination of colors just reminds me of all that was wrong with the 80's, from the hair to the clothing styles. But, I'm up for the challenge, and I've done it once before, so I know I can do it again.

Above is a picture of what I came up with the last time I had it. You can tell I tried everything I could to not use Red, so I cheated and used Pink. But this month, I'm going to make myself use pure Red with Black. I promise, Cinda. Wish me luck!

Here's another little doodle I did in the last journal I had: Teal and Brown.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You met the challenge with flying colors - I loved what you did in the Red and Black journal this month! I knew you could.

Lesly Ángel said...

how cute is your design:]